Organizations eligible for Primary Membership are clearing members that hold customer funds – including investment banks, global brokerage and specialist commodity firms.
The steps to apply for primary membership are:
- Contact JoinFIA@fia.org to request a membership application form.
- Once complete, the membership application forms and sponsor details are submitted to FIA.
- The membership application is reviewed internally before a recommendation is made to the FIA Board.
- The membership application and recommendation are reviewed and approved, or otherwise, at a meeting of the FIA Board.
- The applicant receives notification as to whether their membership has been approved or not.
- Once approved, FIA begins the onboard the new member. Dues will not be invoiced until this point.
Note the timeline from submission of the of membership application form to approval is approximately 3-7 weeks.
Organizations eligible for Associate Membership are those that do not qualify for Primary Membership including clearing organizations, exchanges, global and regional executing brokers, principal trading firms, commodity firms, technology vendors, legal services and other professional service providers.
The steps involved in becoming an associate member are:
- Complete the membership application form online.
- Upon receipt of your application, FIA will evaluate it internally. From there, the application is sent to the FIA board of directors for consideration.
- Once approved, Member Services will notify you of your successful application.
- Membership dues will not be invoiced until the application has been approved. Please do not send payment until you have been notified of your successful application.
All futures exchanges and clearinghouses need to apply and become a signatory on the International Information Memorandum of Understanding & Agreement (MOU) before FIA can consider the membership application.
For the necessary application and all information relating to the International Information MOU, contact:
Executive Assistant 1
NY CME Clearing
For additional questions about FIA Membership, please contact: JoinFIA@fia.org
FIA board retains the right to change membership categories and requirements including dues and application and review procedures.