Greenwood Project Partnership
As part of FIA’s board-level Diversity & Inclusion Initiative, we are partnering with the Greenwood Project, a non-profit focused on introducing Black and Latinx students to careers within the financial industry via paid summer internships in financial firms, academic instruction and mentorships.Learn More
We are joining forces with The Greenwood Project to:
Co-sponsor a Greenwood Project scholar’s summer internship and training program;
Connect the Greenwood Project with FIA Members to source summer internships;
Host Lunch & Learn sessions with industry leaders and government officials for Greenwood Project scholars; and
Provide the Greenwood Project with training materials and support focused on cleared derivatives.
Provide an Internship
FIA is encouraging our members to host a Greenwood Project scholar for a summer internship. These internships can take place all over the world.
The Greenwood Project offers a ten-week Summer College Internship Program where college students train with the Greenwood Project for the first four weeks, then get placed with a firm for six weeks. All students receive summer training in the futures, options and equities markets. They also receive a fully funded brokerage account at the end of each Institute so they can become investors.
How the Greenwood Project partners with firms to create internships:
- Partner firms identify how many interns they will host, whether they would like a college Freshman, Sophomore, Junior or Senior.
- Partner firms provide a job description(s) for the internship position.
- Greenwood Project matches job description to interest and possible skills in its talent pool.
- Greenwood Project sends member firm a resume book of 2-4 resumes to consider for each position.
- Partner firm interviews, selects and makes an internship offer to student; communicates with Greenwood Project throughout this process.
- Student attends four week training, then works with partner firm for six weeks.
- The partner firm agrees to pay hourly wage during the six week internship.
- Interns are placed worldwide and Greenwood Project pays for transportation and housing.