FIA Forum: Sydney 20237 June 2023 • 2:00 PM - 6:30 PM AEST • Sydney, Australia
FIA is pleased to return to Sydney on 7 June 2023 for our regional forum where our panels of distinguished speakers will discuss major market themes, trends and issues facing the exchange-traded derivatives industry in Australia.
Online registration is closed
14:00 – 14:40
Registration with Welcome Refreshments at the Exchange Square
14:40 – 14:45
Acknowledgment of Country
- Allan McGregor, Senior Manager, Rates, Markets, ASX
14:45 – 15:45
Panel Session #1: Impact of Market Disruptions on Australia’s Derivatives Industry
Recently we have witnessed unprecedented changes in all facets of the global exchange-traded industry, from execution to brokerage to clearing. Volatility and market conditions are constantly being tested. What do these external developments mean? Our panelists from across a diverse range of industry participants will discuss how this will affect the Australian markets.
- Bill Herder, Head of Asia-Pacific, FIA
- Russell Beattie, Managing Director & Head of Asia-Pacific, CME Group
- Mezhgan Qabool, Head of Market Development and Sales APAC and Middle East, Eurex
- Nick Scarf, Chief Operating Officer, Marex Australia Pty Ltd
- Andrew Stewart, Executive Director & Global Head of Futures, Macquarie Group
- Fiona Tramontana, General Manager Rates, Markets, ASX
15:45 – 16:25
Networking Coffee Break
16:25 – 17:25
Panel Session #2: Managing Clearing Risks in a Dynamic Global Environment
There have been several developments in the clearing space in response to global, commercial, and regulatory factors. Some of the discussion topics are on capital efficiency, margin optimization and cybersecurity. The panel of industry leaders will discuss the changing nature of clearing services and how this impacts the Australian market.
- Yeo Tze Min, Head of Legal & Policy APAC, FIA
- Nathan Bourne, Senior Executive Leader, Market Infrastructure, Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- Dale Rayner, Partner, King & Wood Mallesons
- David Stinson, Executive Director Prime Financial Services, J.P.Morgan
- Candice Trevenna, Head of Derivatives Clearing Services, ASX
- Paul Wylie, Head of Risk, Asia-Pacific, LCH Ltd.
- Ben Jackson, General Manager, Market Operations, Markets, ASX
17:30 – 18:30
Cocktail Reception in Exchange Square