We are pleased to be returning to Hong Kong for our fifth FIA forum. Join some of the leading players in the regional markets as they discuss the growth in China, the developments in cross-border trading and how current geopolitical issues will be affecting the exchange trade derivatives market.
|event 12 September 2019|
|schedule 14:15 to 19:30 ET|
|place HKEX Connect Hall // 1/F, 1&2 Exchange Square // Connaught Place, Central, Hong Kong|
|local_atm Complimentary // RSVP required|
2:15 pm – Registration
2:50 pm – Welcome remarks
3:00 pm – Finding Value in China’s Derivatives Market
With China continuing to open to offshore participants, how is the importance of Hong Kong as a conduit to the markets changing? Our experts will debate whether Hong Kong will remain as the premier gateway to the mainland or will participants directly access the onshore markets.
- Chin-Chong Liew, Partner, Linklaters
- George Wen, Head of International Business Development, Huatai Futures
- Jason Lui, MD, Head of Equity and Derivative Strategy APAC, BNP Paribas
- Kinger Lau, MD, Chief China Equity Strategist, Goldman Sachs
4:00 pm – Networking Coffee break
4:30 pm – Capturing Asia’s Growth Engines through Derivatives
Asia’s increasing economic development is driving global demand for regional exposure. This session will look at how the local market will be able to attract global participants in the face of political, economic and regulatory issues. This panel will discuss the immediate and long term threats and opportunities to the vibrant Hong Kong exchange traded derivatives market.
- Sharon Shi, Managing Director, G.H. Financials (HK) Limited
- Kevin Rideout, Managing Director, Global Client Development, Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEX)
- Sam Kao, Managing Director, CSC Futures (HK) Ltd
- Phuong Trinh, Head of APAC Legal & Compliance, Jump Trading
- Leif Strid, Director, Post Trade Solutions, Capital Markets
5:30 pm – Session ends
5:30 pm – Networking Reception
7:30 pm – Event ends