The Futures Industry Association (FIA) is looking for an experienced Senior Business Analyst and Program Manager to join the global industry operations and technology team. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the exchange-traded and cleared derivatives industry by playing a key supporting role in the development of standards with the Derivatives Market Institute for Standards (DMIST), and through supporting the work of FIA’s Industry Operations, Execution & Technology Divisions/Committees.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with DMIST staff and member stakeholders from around the globe to help coordinate and facilitate the development and implementation of standards within the exchange-traded and cleared derivatives industry.
- Work with DMIST staff to assemble/manage detailed documentation as part of the DMIST standards development process, which includes assisting in the production of public consultation papers and final standards for consideration by the DMIST Sponsor Board.
- Gather and analyze data from global market participants for potential standards projects.
- Design metrics and analyze progress toward implementation of standards.
- Create reports, dashboards, and visualizations to help DMIST working groups and general public understand standards projects.
- Develop and maintain reporting tools.
- Responsible for working with the relevant DMIST working groups to understand and document operational and technology workflows as part of the process for developing and implementing consensus standards across various active workstreams as necessary.
- Analyzes oral and written comments received from public consultation papers.
- Work with Admin to communicate progress, provide general updates to relevant DMIST stakeholders, including Sponsor Board and Ambassador groups.
- Document scope/deliverables and monitor progress for key workstreams/projects within DMIST.
- Help facilitate and drive working group meetings with both member stakeholders, advisory groups and internal teams as needed.
FIA’s Industry Operations, Execution & Technology Divisions/Committees
You will have the opportunity to work on various operational, execution and market structure issues impacting FIA members across the globe.
- Help manage various ongoing work/projects related to FIA Operations, Execution & Technology Divisions/committees, including providing business analyst support for certain issues.
- Provide support on projects aimed at identifying issues and potential solutions for operational, execution and market structure issues impacting FIA members as needed.
- Leverage knowledge from FIA member groups to coordinate feedback and input on DMIST standards work.
- Help coordinate the work of FIA’s industry operations staff globally as needed.
- BA degree with at least 8 to 10-years’ experience. Prior employment at a clearing firm a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of the exchange-traded and cleared derivatives industry with particular focus on operations, technology, execution and clearing.
- Experience with front-to-back data workflows is a distinct advantage.
- A strong interest in, and understanding of innovation and technology, as well as excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to document requirements at business and functional level, understand business/operational processes and data flows.
- Previous project management experience, including co-ordination across global teams.
- Strong communication, presentation, writing and time management skills are a must.
- Ability to navigate a complex global environment, work with large groups of stakeholders and participate in decision making a plus.
- Demonstrated experience building/maintaining relationships organizationally and industry wide, including member firms, CCPs, exchanges, vendors, trade associations, and end user/clients.
- Creative problem solver with strong optimism and energy; proven team player with solid work ethic.
- Must be willing to travel.
Interested candidates must send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.