COVID-19 is an infectious disease that can result in serious and potentially fatal illness. There is a heightened degree of personal risk due to COVID-19 in attending in-person events. Although FIA will follow all applicable local, state, federal and venue health and safety regulations in effect for its in-person events, it is not possible to reduce the risks associated with COVID-19 to zero.
Please carefully read FIA’s COVID-19 policy for US events:
- FIA will only allow fully vaccinated individuals to attend US events. ‘Full vaccination’ means that an individual has been vaccinated with one of the WHO-approved COVID-19 vaccines and that at least 14 days have passed between the last dose as provided by each vaccination manufacturer and the first day of the event. Individuals should only register for the event if they have already been fully vaccinated or if they plan to be so before the event.
- FIA will require all registrants of US events to (i) sign a liability waiver and (ii) attest to their vaccination status.
- Those who do not agree to the liability waiver will not be eligible to attend the event. If payment for the event has already processed and the registered individual does not consent to the liability waiver, FIA will refund the registration fee.
- In addition to the vaccination requirement described above, FIA will ask all registered individuals to monitor their own health status leading up to and during the event. Individuals who (i) test positive for COVID-19; (ii) know or have reason to believe they have been exposed to someone with COVID-19; or (iii) experience any COVID-19 symptoms (e.g., cough, fever, sore throat) during or 14 days prior to the event will not be able to attend the event. Refunds will be provided for individuals who are not able to attend the event due to a change in their health status.
- Local, state, federal and venue health and safety requirements may change between the date of registration and the date of the event. FIA reserves the right to require attendees to follow additional health and safety measures as required by applicable law or the venue, or as it deems prudent.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact FIA Member Services.