FIA returns to Taipei on 5 September 2019 for our annual forum where we will delve into the latest developments in the cleared derivatives industry. These will include a focus on the retail market, cross-border regulations and other drivers for market growth in the Asia-Pacific region. Attendees will also have the opportunity to network with key industry players and colleagues from the region.
|event 5 September 2019|
|schedule 13:30 to 16:30 ET|
|place Humble House Taipei - Grand Ballroom // No. 18, Songgao Road, Xinyi District // Taipei, 110, Taiwan|
|local_atm Complimentary // RSVP required|
1:30 pm – Registration
2:15 pm – Welcome Remarks
- Yu-Jer Sheu, Chairman, TAIFEX
2:25 pm – Keynote Address
- Dr. Chuang-Chang Chang, Vice Chairman, Financial Supervisory Commission
2.35 pm – Regional Focus, Global Strategy
Asia-Pacific has been the fastest-growing derivatives marketplace in recent years, but markets in the region are not immune to developments taking place elsewhere around the globe. How are external factors impacting the region and stimulating growth? Leading industry experts from both domestic and international markets will share their latest initiatives and views.
- Sharon Shi, Managing Director, G.H. Financials (HK) Limited
- Mezhgan Qabool, Head of Market Development APAC, Eurex
- Russell Beattie, Director, APAC Head of Futures & Options, OTC Clearing Services and FX, Merrill Lynch (Asia Pacific) Ltd
- Chien-Lung Chou, Senior Executive Vice President, TAIFEX
- Alex Chan, CFA, Vice President, iShares APAC Global Markets Team, BlackRock
- Akira Tagaya, Executive Officer, Osaka Exchange, Inc
- Ulf Carlsson, General Manager, Head of North Asia & Japan, Nasdaq
3:20 pm – Networking Coffee break
3:50 pm – Is Retail the Next Big Trend?
There has been a shift globally where brokers, exchanges and technology firms tailor their offerings to the growing retail investor segment. This panel will look at the different approaches being adopted to accommodate this user base. We will explore how this occurs through education, product design, technology and customer engagement practices.
- Bill Herder, Head of Asia-Pacific, FIA
- Christopher Fix, Managing Director, Asia, CME Group
- Teyu Che Chern, CEO, Phillip Futures Pte Ltd
- Allen Lin, Senior Executive Vice President, TAIFEX
- Terence Ang, Head of Sales, Asia-Pacific, ION Markets
- Eric Jen, Chairman of the Board & CEO, Yuanta Futures (Hong Kong) Co. Ltd
4:35 pm – Session Ends