FIA is pleased to present our first futures seminar in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in conjunction with The Palm and Lauric Oils Price Outlook Conference & Exhibition 2020 (POC2020) organized by Bursa Malaysia Derivatives Berhad (BMD). This collaborative effort is looking to draw an impressive group of experts, as they discuss the vibrant exchange-traded derivatives in this growing hub of the Southeast Asian commodity markets.
We would like to invite you and your colleagues to an afternoon discussion followed by the POC2020 Welcome Reception.
|2 March 2020|
|14:15 to 18:00 ET|
|Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur// Johor Room 2&3, Lower Lobby // 11 Jalan Sultan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, 50250, Malaysia|
|Complimentary // RSVP required|
2.15 pm – Registrations
3.00 pm – Welcome Remarks
3.10 pm – The Malaysian Exchange-Traded Derivatives Landscape
Recent activity indicates a new interest in Malaysian as not only a regional but also a global derivatives market. We have brought together a panel of experts who will discuss the available products and what new instruments may be in the pipeline. We will also look at the various opportunities for onshore firms to trade the global markets as well as ways in which international firms can access the Malaysian markets.
- Bill Herder, Head of Asia-Pacific, FIA
- Marc Foo, Head of Financial Derivatives, Product & Market Development, Bursa Malaysia Derivatives
- Thair Hussain, Director, Global Sales, Phillip Futures
- Jeffrey Bujang, Chief Executive Officer, Propex Singapore
- Sharon Ang, Managing Director & Head of Asia-Pacific, CBOE
4.10 pm – Coffee Break
4.50 pm – The Development of Commodity Markets in Southeast Asia
Asia is the fastest-growing area in terms of commodities trading and Southeast Asia is one of the world’s largest producer of commodities. We have assembled a panel of both local and international industry representatives to discuss the developments of the commodity markets in the region, and explore some of the opportunities and challenges.
- Terence Ang, Head Head of Sales, Asia-Pacific, ION Markets
- Mohd Saleem Kader Bakas, Head of South Asia, International Development, Bursa Malaysia Derivatives
- Azila Abdul Aziz, Chief Executive Officer/ Executive Director & Head of Listed Derivatives, Kenanga Futures Sdn Bhd
Registrations for the event will open in January. Please watch this space!