COVID-19 WAIVER AND ATTESTATION REQUIRED FOR ATTENDANCE
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, often referred to simply as the coronavirus (“COVID-19”), is an infectious disease that can result in serious and potentially fatal illness. There is a heightened degree of personal risk due to COVID-19 in attending in-person events, including IDX 2021 (the “event”). Although FIA will follow all applicable local and venue health and safety regulations in effect for the event, it is not possible to reduce the risks associated with COVID-19 to zero.
Please carefully read FIA’s COVID policy for event attendees set out below.
- FIA will only allow (i) fully vaccinated individuals or (ii) individuals who are not able to get a vaccine due to an underlying medical or health condition to attend the event. ‘Full vaccination’ means that you have been vaccinated with one of the WHO-approved COVID-19 vaccines and that at least 14 days have passed between the last dose as provided by each vaccination manufacturer and the first day of the event. Individuals should only register for the event if they have already been fully vaccinated or if they plan to do so before the event, absent a medical or health exception.
- Individuals who are not able to get a vaccine due to an underlying medical or health condition may be asked to take additional safety precautions during the event, such as wearing a mask at all times while in public spaces.
- Through separate communication closer to the event, FIA will require all registrants to:
- sign a liability waiver and
- attest to their vaccination status.
- Those who do not agree to the liability waiver as communicated to each registered individual will not be eligible to attend the event. If payment for the event has already processed and the registered individual does not consent to the liability waiver, FIA will refund the registration fee.
- In addition to the vaccination requirement described above, FIA will ask all registered individuals to monitor their own health status leading up to and during the event. Individuals who (i) test positive for COVID-19; (ii) know or have reason to believe they have been exposed to someone with COVID-19; or (iii) experience any COVID-19 symptoms (including, but not limited to, coughing, sore throat, fever, fatigue, headache, loss of taste or smell, or diarrhea) during or 14 days prior to the event will not be able to attend the event. Refunds will be provided for individuals who are not able to attend the event due to a change in their health status.
- Local and venue health and safety requirements may change between the date of registration and the date of the event. FIA reserves the right to require attendees to follow additional health and safety measures as required by local law or the venue, or as it deems prudent.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact FIA Member Services.