FIA considers the health and safety of our conference attendees, speakers and staff its highest priority. COVID-19 continues to be a global health concern. Please follow the advice of the relevant local authorities and health care providers regarding travel, self-isolation and health and safety precautions. Visit the World Health Organization (WHO) website for information.
FIA will closely monitor the situation and provide regular updates here as circumstances develop, and we believe taking prudent steps will help ensure healthy and productive events for our industry.
FIA is following the recommended practices and guidelines from health agencies and government offices, including the World Health Organization (WHO) and relevant local/regional public health authorities. FIA asks individuals to follow your country’s travel restriction guidelines and not attend its events if you:
- have traveled to/from/through Mainland China, South Korea, Japan, Iran or Italy countries with widespread outbreaks within 14 days of the event;
- have been in close contact with someone who recently traveled to/from Mainland China, South Korea, Japan, Iran or Italycountries with widespread outbreaks within 14 days of the event; and
- have been in close contact with someone who has a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis.
FIA has modified its cancellation policy for those individuals who are prohibited from attending due to travel restrictions. For more information regarding cancellation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is the status of our planned events for the next month. FIA will update this page regularly and advise if additional events are postponed or canceled.
- March 2 - FIA Forum: Kuala Lumpur
- May 28 – FIA Forum: Sydney
- Singapore – Ministry of Health – Updates on COVID-19
POSTPONED – EU 27
- April 2 – FIA Forum: Paris 2020
UNDER REVIEW – UK
- June 1-3 – IDX: International Derivatives Expo
- GOV.UK – Public Health England – COVID-19 Latest Information and Guidance
- GOV.UK – Public Health England – COVID-19 Travel Advice
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control – COVID-19 Situation Update
NORTH AMERICAN EVENTS
- March 10-12 - Boca: 45th Annual International Futures Industry Conference
- April 29 – May 1 – L&C: 42 Annual Law & Compliance Division Conference
- June 22-23 – Commodities Forum: Houston 2020
North American resources
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – COVID-19 Information and Updates
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – COVID-19 Travel Advice
STAYING SAFE & HEALTHY AT FIA EVENTS
“No handshake or hug” policy has been implemented for our events and FIA encourages alternative greetings aimed at minimizing the threat of contagion
Hand sanitization stations will be available throughout the conference venues
Tissues will be readily available
Increased disinfection of high traffic areas
Tips for Attendees:
- If you are sick or are displaying any of the symptoms identified by public health authorities, please stay at home.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Immediately dispose of used tissues in trash receptacles
- Wash your hands with soap and water often and for at least 20 seconds; especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- Use hand sanitizer gel if soap and water are not available
- Use alternative greetings aimed at minimizing the threat of contagion.
- Shaking hands
- Touching your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Subject to applicable law, FIA reserves the right to deny admittance to its individual conferences.