Do you love creating exceptional event experiences? FIA, the leading global trade organization for the futures, options and centrally cleared derivatives markets, is currently searching for a Conferences Manager located in our Washington, DC office. This team member will use his or her talents to help execute our portfolio of events around the globe that serve as touchpoints for our members and the industry throughout the year. Reporting to the Director of Conferences & Tradeshows, the Conferences Manager is responsible for specific aspects and functions of annual operating plans to implement FIA’s conferences, forums, and events. The Manager supports meetings operations with the goal of producing high quality events.
The successful candidate must have a professional, friendly and helpful personality and be a self-starter. This position functions in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment with varied priorities and responsibilities. Previous event planning experience is a must.
The Conferences Manager reports to the Director of Conferences &Tradeshows and a dotted line to the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Manage logistical and programmatic aspects of major annual meetings, including:
- FIA-SIFMA AMG Forum – Laguna Beach (January)
- FIA International Futures Industry Conference – Boca Raton (March)
- FIA Law & Compliance Conference – Washington, D.C. (May)
- FIA Annual International Derivatives Expo – London (June)
- FIA Expo – Chicago (October)
- FIA Annual Asia Derivatives Conference – Singapore (November)
- Organize logistics of Regional Forums, Board of Directors events, and Special events.
- Organize logistics and support delivery of Virtual and Hybrid Events; includes Major Conferences, Regional Forums, Webinars, and Special Events.
- Develops & maintains event project plans via web-based tool, establishes and tracks details associated with the event to ensure all deadlines are executed.
- Support RFP and venue / supplier selection for conferences and events. Review/negotiate contract terms.
- Support budgeting and financial tracking for events. Estimates expenses, tracks to budget, reports overspend / underspend, ensures invoices are accurate and paid in a timely fashion according to accounting process.
- Live events:
- Identify and assess conference/event needs. Draft meeting specifications and communicate conference requirements to venue and suppliers.
- Arrange for audio visual equipment, food and beverage/catering requirements, event décor, temporary staffing, conference housing, conference transportation, and other logistics as directed.
- Support day-of execution including coordination with team/vendors, last minute logistical needs, accurate set-up/execution of event and coordinate course correcting instructions when needed. Travel for onsite conference support as needed (plus ability to travel internationally if required).
- Coordinates shipping and inventory of event materials.
- Maintain hotel rooming lists.
- Virtual events and webinars:
- Support logistics of FIA webinars in conjunction with cross-functional teams; maintain the scheduling for global webinars across multiple regions while liaising with FIA staff on content, speakers, and execution of both internal and sponsored programs.
- Support virtual event and webinar set-up; includes platform build, event details, webpages, content, platform organization.
- Support virtual programs; agenda organization, managing speakers, production, scripting, technical rehearsals, live day broadcast.
- Support virtual event sponsorship needs in conjunction with Exhibits and Logistics manager within virtual event and webinar platforms.
- Program and content:
- Manage speaker invitations and track speaker RSVPs.
- Coordinate program content confirmation for event website and collateral: schedule, session titles, descriptions, speaker names, titles, organization.
- Coordinate and support program preparation meetings, rehearsals, technical checks.
- Coordinate with various speakers’ bureaus on event details and contracts for hired professional speakers.
- Serve as the primary point of communication on pre, during, and post-event speaker logistics for in-person and virtual events.
- Support post conference and event reconciliation and closeout, tracking of statistical data, and final reports.
- Manage process to secure branded meeting collateral, conference giveaways, and corporate gifts in collaboration with marketing team. Source, price, confirm, deliver.
- Primary contact for conference delegates who have questions regarding general event information, housing, travel, payment, virtual event access, etc.
- Maintain conference files & samples.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years’ experience in meeting planning; pre-event strategies, planning, and event execution; sourcing, contract negotiation, logistics, and operations.
- 1-2 years’ experience in webinar and/or virtual event planning and execution.
- Association meeting planning experience and bachelor’s degree required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of meeting industry standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, association databases, project management tools.
- Ability to travel frequently and work a flexible schedule based on event schedules.
- Acute attention to detail and excellent follow-through capabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including accuracy in data entry, correspondence and proofreading skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills and able to maintain a friendly and positive attitude, particularly when interacting with conference attendees and organization’s members, to best represent FIA.
- Able to multi-task and coordinate multiple projects at a time.
- Must be a doer, able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment with demanding deadline schedules.
This position is eligible for telecommuting.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities
Interested? Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com